Marketing, especially digital marketing, has been making waves as the digital landscape continues to evolve. It’s no wonder the global market for Digital Advertising and Marketing, estimated at $350 billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of $786.2 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 13.9%. That’s one of the best ways to put yourself on the map as an industrial hardware distributor and manufacturer.
However, marketing is a whole different game when you are an industrial hardware wholesaler. You will need to plan everything through, take a closer look at your target audience, and get creative, among other things.
Here’re a Few Practical Tips to Help You Market Your Business
With the market getting back to normal, you will have to meet increasingly competitive customer demands. Fortunately, there are many ways to strengthen your marketing efforts and make your industrial hardware distributor business shine.
And it all starts with:
Know Your Customer
The first step in a successful marketing strategy is to know your customers. It is necessary to provide your customers with what they want. And to make that happen, you must know:
- The pain points of your customers.
- The business needs of your customers.
- Aftersales support expectations.
- The choices they have in the market.
- And cost concerns.
Does your marketing address these points? Make sure your marketing strategy specifically talks about the problems your customers face. But most importantly, provide them with practical insights and solutions. This will help you stand out as an industrial hardware supplier.
Keep Your Website Updated and Engaging
You can’t think about running a business without a website. But your website needs to be responsive, engaging and updated. Nobody wants to spend time on an old website with a stale design.
Make sure to test every functional and aesthetic element of your website. You will need to check the following.
- Check if all links, buttons, and other functions are working as intended. These elements improve engagement. So, make sure they are working excellently.
- Be sure your website works flawlessly on all devices, including mobile phones. This is necessary as mobile accounted for 59.16% of global website traffic in 2022.
- And above all, make sure your website loads quickly. Even a one-second delay in loading your website can result in a loss of conversions.
- Use only high-quality and relevant images. For example, an industrial hardware distributor’s website will have several product pages. Adding high-quality product images to these pages will make your website more engaging.
Leverage Content Marketing
Content marketing is one of the best ways to establish your online presence. It involves content creation for social media and blogs. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B marketers and 70% of B2C marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
That’s because people engage with different types of content, which results in conversions. However, you have to keep a few things in mind. They are:
- Focus on keyword optimization. According to the HubSpot 2023 Marketing Strategy & Trends Report, 83% of marketers say that their area of focus is using strategic keywords in their content. Keyword optimization ensures your content shows up when your target audience searches online.
- Position yourself as a trustworthy and experienced industrial hardware supplier. This will help you bond with your customers. Plus, they are more likely to buy from an industry expert.
- Plan your content to push your target audience further down the funnel. Inform, educate, and then convert your potential customers to help increase your sales.
Don’t Forget Email Marketing
Email marketing is still one of the most relevant digital marketing strategies. It also boasts a high return on investment. For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $40.
Moreover, industrial hardware supplier marketing is a long-term game. Your potential customers often have priorities. Plus, they can get caught up in managing routine operations. In other words, it’s easier for your marketing message to get lost.
However, with email marketing, you can track your marketing messages with ease. You can use drip campaigns to send a series of messages to your prospective clients. This will keep you fresh in their mind as a leading industrial hardware wholesaler.
Update Your Google My Business Page
Google My Business Page, now known as Google Business Profile, is the best place to inform about the changes in your business. You can update details like your website link, contact number, and office hours, among other things.
Here’re a few things you should keep in mind.
- Enter precise coordinates. The more accurate your information is, the better.
- Keep your business name, contact number, address, and other details relevant.
- Don’t forget to add relevant and high-quality images to your Google Business Profile. You need photos to encourage your potential customers to pick up the phone and call you.
- And finally, encourage your customers to leave reviews. Google will even prompt these. Excellent reviews will help attract more customers.
Participate in Trade Shows
While online marketing is necessary, you can’t ignore offline marketing options, such as trade shows and other industry events. As an industrial hardware wholesaler and manufacturer, you would want to be part of the latest trade shows and industrial fairs.
Trades shows are an excellent place to meet your potential customers. But most importantly, you can meet your prospects in person, which increases the chances of winning them over. Plus, you can ask for information like contact number and email for more follow-up.Infographic created by Ansafone Contact Centers, Offering Call Center Services Your Business Can Rely On
The Bottom Line
To set your business apart as an industrial hardware supplier is easier said than done. The competition is getting more intense by the day. In this digital era, you will need to strengthen your marketing efforts. Implementing these six marketing strategies can help you attract more clients in 2023. If you haven’t added these ideas to your marketing arsenal, now is the time to get started.